Monday, April 7, 2014

Give Me A Break Part 1

Here's something I wanted to do for a long time now. You see, although I've been using Serato since 2007 I never quit buying records. On the contrary, my record collection got a lot bigger. Once I started travelling to do shows or simply on holiday I had the pleasure to shop in many big and small record stores all over the globe. (read about my adventures in California) But I hardly ever use my vinyl. The convenience of using Serato as a DJ on the road is simply too big.

With the project  "Give Me A Break" I can finally showcase my vinyl collection in a true old school way. And I have tons of fun doing it. I love it all: the pleasure of cutting stickers to make cue points, getting a stack of vinyl in your hand, going through a bunch records, make sure you got doubles, changing the records on the turntables as fast as possible. What's not to love about that!

So it's a pleasure to introduce to you part 1 of the series "Give Me A Break":


Deejay Irie - Give Me A Break Part 1 from deejayirie on Vimeo.

Download the audiofile:



Tracklist
Jimmie Walker - The Black Prince Has Arrived
Bob James - Shamboozie
Mary Jane Girls - All Night Long
George Mc Crae - I Get Lifted
James Brown - Funky Drummer
Aretha Franklin - Rock Steady
Sly And The Family Stone - You Can Make It If You Try
Bob James - Mardi Gras
Tommy Roe - Dizzy
The Meters - Oh Calcutta
The Mohawks - The Champ
Tower Of Power - Ebony Jam
Lyn Collins - Think (About It)
Dyke And The Blazers - Let A Woman Be A Woman, Let A Man Be A Man
Breakwater - Release The Beast
Incredible Bongo Band - Apache
The Jimmy Castor Bunch - It's Just Begun

No comments:

Post a Comment